February 14, 2012

Happy Heart Day!

Happy heart day everyone!
With the Hallmark holiday being midweek this year hubby and I decided to hit the town this weekend for our Vday festivities.  Saturday I headed over to one of those gems that every town should have.. a local cupcake shop.


The Cupcake Shoppe in downtown Raleigh is hands down one of the cutest places around.  With it's soft pink walls, old time cash register and pretty cupcakes it just makes you want to stop for a second in your busy life and take a few moments for yourself with a tasty treat.


I picked up some sweet treats for the weekend and headed home to get ready for dinner.

This year I rented my dress for dinner from my old standby Rent the Runway.  If you have been living under a rock RTR is a dress and accessory rental site.  You can rent any dress for four days at about 90% off the retail price.  I chose the Laila Azhar ruched ruffle sweetheart dress to rent as I thought it had the sweet Vday look hubby might like.  The dress retails for $395 but through RTR I paid only $30.00 after coupon.  It fit like a glove and felt so special Saturday night in my pretty new friend.


** sorry not me in the dress **
If I looked like her, this blog would be much different.

Our tradition for the last few years as been to have our special Valentine's dinner at Herons at the Umstead Hotel.   Herons was just awarded the Five Diamond rating from AAA so we have to save our pennies all year long to dine here but trust me it's sooo worth it.


Here is picture I quickly snapped of my delicious Roasted Duck.  I was a little embarrassed so I kept the flash off as I didn't want to be "that table".

After dinner we popped over to our favorite bar, The Wild Turkey Lounge at the Angus Barn. I am obsessed with all the rich wood, big animal fur chairs and live piano music on Saturday nights.



Hope you are feeling the love today.
Happy heart day everyone!


ps. don't forget to enter to win the Abas Digital Camera Case here

2 comments:

CherylM. said...

It looks like a great night out. Love the dress!

Decorating, dining, drinking thru Durham said...

Thanks Cheryl we did have a fun date night :) The dress was so comfortable I just might rent it again.

Post a Comment