February 3, 2012

Adult Pencil Box

I still remember the Hello Kitty pencil case that my mother bought me.  I must have been 5 or 6 and it must have been one of my very first years at school and yet I can remember that case as if it were in my hands today.  It was hard, with lots of hidden compartments and sections. It had a built in pencil sharpener and an incredibly neat marker section that popped up when the compartment was opened. Even better, it was the envy of all my classmates.To this day I remember the pride I felt every time I pulled that case out of my desk.

Now lets fast forward about 25 years.  
Today I found my new pencil case at a downtown home boutique.  It might not be pink glitter plastic and smell like strawberries but it is making this little girl at heart swoon. 

4 comments:

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

Oh I love them both. The Hello Kitty one is fabulous and such wonderful memories, but I really do love the wire one. It is fabulous and you can use it for so many things besides pencils. Love it. Thanks tons for joining TTT. Hugs, marty

Decorating, dining, drinking thru Durham said...

Thanks for your kind comments Marty! :)

Unknown said...

Love it! Thanks for sharing Joann Come and follow me back! http://josthisandthat3.blogspot.com/

Liz@ HomeandGardeningWithLiz said...

How sweet! I think I gave my daughter one of those Helll kitty ones! Your new one is great! I love wired items like that. I have a few Pottery Barn pieces made with it.

Post a Comment