November 2, 2011

Somethings Missing

In the words of one of my favorite singer/songwriter/guitarist womanizer John Mayer, somethings missing in my front entryway.


somethings missing

I would walk by the entry table each day and it never felt complete.  When we would host dinners in our dining room I would notice the cords from the lamps and would cringe.  Then one day I had a duh moment... baskets!  In my excitement I shared my basket news with the hubby and he was not as thrilled as I was.  First comment "how much will this cost us" second comment "baskets are boring, we need some color to make the corner pop" no joke he said pop!  Luckily I had a witness so he can never live that comment down.  

Weekends I would search all the usual suspects for baskets like World Market, Home Goods, Pier 1 and they were either not quite right or wayyyy to expensive.  Then one Sunday afternoon hubby and I were roaming the aisles of Target and ran into these puppies from Smith & Hawken
Perfection!  Just the right size and even more important just the right price.  After a few minutes of convincing the hubby these were the "pop" the entryway needed. He caved and we purchased.

Even Biscuit approves.  I just hope she doesn't realize that they can double as scratching posts. 
Ahhhhh, the table nook finally feels finished after 20 months. 
Added storage bonus as the baskets hold all our blankets from the living room.

No comments:

Post a Comment