October 23, 2011

R.I.P.

I know you are probably thinking this is a Halloween post because of the title, nope!  Today we are talking houseplants people.. riveting I know.  Over the last 10 years I have found myself buying the same houseplants over and over again only to have them die a few days, weeks, years later.  With each new plant comes a new promise to my hubby.

Examples:
"I went to college, hold a full time job.. how hard can  it be to take care of this plant"
"Yes I read the care instructions tag, duh"
"But it's sooo pretty"
"Well, I haven't killed you yet, so how hard can this be.."

The latest death in our casa was this beauty below.

RIP
3/2010 - 8/2011


Now I fear another slow death is creeping up on my heels.  A few weeks back I made an impulse buy at Wal-Mart, shocker I know, on a fancy cactus garden that looked a little like the one below.

image www.greathomeinterior.com


I snuck my new cactus garden in the house once I got home and secretly placed it in our sitting room.  The hubby spotted only a few days later and again I had to defend myself on how I was not going to kill it.

Well...

Out of the 3 cactus in the garden only one is still living... ^%$#@!


Looks like I have some explaining to do.. :)  Anyone else out there ever had any trouble keeping there houseplants alive?

xo, Rachael

No comments:

Post a Comment