October 27, 2011

Bargain Hunting

Last weekend I was invited to the Junior League of Durham and Orange counties bargain sale kickoff.  For those of you who don't know, the Junior League is an organization of women committed to promoting voluntarism, developing the potential of women, and improving there communities.  The bargain sale held each year is there largest fundraiser and lasts an entire week.

Honestly, I had no idea what to expect from the evening.  The hubby was in charge of the details and man did he get this all wrong.  I arrived in a dress and gold satin shoes and the theme of the evening was tailgate.. no joke!  For a moment I was mortified but then I just brushed my hair behind my shoulders and told everyone at the event that I had somewhere else to be after.  Yes, I was lying as I only had my fleece pj's too see later that night but no one needed to know :)

Let me give you a tour.

~ lots of good stuff to look through ~

~ yes it's a little thrift store meets homeless shelter but I promise it had treasures everywhere ~


~ she came home with me ~


~ jersey shore did not ~


~ $1.00! snagged this baby ~

~ $2.00!  Got to find a place for this at home ~
~ this mirror was only $5.00, sorry for the scary picture of me ~

After a long night of bargain hunting the real fun began with the silent auction.After a few minutes of sweating out my competition I ended up winning on my two favorite items, score!


Ended up having a wonderful evening even in my satin heels with great friends for a great cause.

No comments:

Post a Comment